Choose Happiness Every Damn Day
Happiness. Money can’t buy it and some days it seems near impossible to experience.
With all the chaos that surrounds us: busy jobs, busy lives, letdowns, relationship strains, health issues, car troubles, and a list a mile long of things to-do. How does one even find the time to be happy?
The fact of the matter is: happiness is an inside job. It has nothing to do with the external events that surround us. And that’s a good thing because we can’t control our external circumstances. While most of our life is entirely out of our control, we always have the choice to choose again, to choose better, to choose joy. We can control how we choose to perceive our circumstances, and find the silver lining in it.
It’s easier to point a finger at all the things going wrong, and blame them for why we aren’t feeling happy. It’s scary at times taking responsibility for our feelings. But that is the only way to turn your moods around. Just as I explained in last week’s blog, perfection is total BS, so I’m not suggesting you will be perfect all the time, skipping around when your life is turned upside down. We are all human. We all have hard times. We all choose things that are disempowering at times.
The difference is now that you know you are the only thinker in your mind, and the only one who can choose happiness for yourself, will you make the correction when you’ve run off in a disempowered state?
Will you bravely admit that you chose dissatisfaction, but that you’d like to choose again?
It’s that simple. A happy life is as simple as choosing again. Every moment our heart beats is an opportunity to choose again. To choose joy. Not because things are going particularly well, but because you deserve to feel joy in every day of your life. Happiness is your birthright.
Children know how to be happy. We all do. Some of us just feel like being a “grown up” implies we must be serious people. Bullshit. There are plenty enough serious people in this world to afford a few free spirits who prefer being happy over being miserable.
No matter how hard your current situation is, you will always have the choice to be happy any ways. Why not focus on the things going right over what is going wrong? How often is our entire day ruined because of one specific incident that derailed our happiness? Why would we ever consciously allow 1% of our life overrule the other 99% of our life that is totally amazing and empowering?
I challenge each and every one of you to become the director of your own life. You choose the angle, the lens, the plot, and the characters. Will you choose to play the victim or the hero? Will you make your day a romance, a comedy or a horror? You are the only one that can make those choices in your mind. You have to choose happiness if you want to experience it. Sometimes it takes effort, that is true.
But what is possibly more deserving of a little extra effort than a life filled with happiness?
Sending love, light and some freakin' happiness,
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to L.K.'s YouTube Channel: